- This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 4 weeks ago by .
At last year’s AGM, 5 people were elected to the Strata Committee from 7 nominees. A woman who owns 2 units in the block was elected representing one of her units, and she nominated a proxy (non-owner) to represent her second unit. This person was also elected.
The proxy has recently passed away. Therefore there are currently 4 people on the committee.
What happens in this situation?
1. Can the owner of the two units simply nominate another proxy to take the place of the deceased member? Or,
2. does the person who received the next number of votes at the AGM automatically go on the SC? (It has since been established that the verbal election at the Zoom AGM was invalid). Or,
3. are new nominations called and a new election held to fill the vacancy?
Or is their another alternative?
- This topic was modified 2 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.