- This topic has 15 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago by .
Looking for some guidance.
I have a strata unit and recently there has been some issues and I’m not sure who is responsible. My strata unit complex has a building property office as well – I’m not sure what they look after but *i think* they liaise with the builders. The property is around 6 years old still under warranty and my unit is on the top floor.
I feel like being fobbed around between the strata manager and the building manager both pushing the responsibility of fixing to me. Appreciate any help in going about this.
There are 3 issues:
1. There are some cracks that have developed. The sealant around the window seems to have gaps and there are cracks forming at the top which in this case is technically the ceiling wall. The NSW gov site says that windows and ceiling are strata issues – when I contacted strata, they said this is my responsibility. Photo attached
2. A huge crack has developed at the ceiling corner of one of the rooms. It’s a massive crack and when I contacted building management, they said the builder says its not their problem. My unit is still under warranty. But it looks massive and definitely more than 2mm gap (which was what strata told me determines whether its owners issue or builder’s issue). Photo attached
3. One of the walls seems to have water stained from the recent rains. My unit is on the top floor. There appears to be some leak somewhere. This is going to be a bit of a task to locate where it is coming in, but at the moment looks to be from the roof. I’m on the top floor so there is no other apartment above me
There are only 4 levels in this building complex. Around 100 units.
Are these strata responsibility to fix or mine?
- This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.