By-laws, schmylaws! They are the strata equivalent of fire-ants – everybody’s heard about them but tends to ignore them till they bite them on the bum.
Fortunately, our strata law sponsors Bannermans has put together a comprehensive guide to what by-laws are, how they can be created and what happens when you breach them
Getting the hang of strata living can be a bit of a puzzle, let alone finding a way to understand why and how the by-laws work in your building.
The Bannermans By-Laws FAQ eBook provides a comprehensive guide to address frequently asked questions from strata managers and owners on everything by-laws!
In this e-book, they delve into the ten most commonly asked questions, starting from the very basic concept of “What is a by-law?” to a detailed explanation on what makes bad by-laws invalid. The questions addressed in this e-book include:
- What is a “by-law”?
- What are the typical by-laws that strata schemes usually adopt?
- What is the way to enforce a by-law?
- What by-laws are typically invalid?
- What happens if the by-law is invalid or partially invalid?
- When should and why do strata schemes review and amend by-laws?
- How do you make or revoke a by-law?
- How do you make a renovation by-law?
- What is a sustainability infrastructure by-law?
- How do you register a by-law? How can we help?
To download your ebook, CLICK HERE put in your name and email and it’ll land in your inbox in moments.