Elsewhere in this post
Ah, we’re back with a bumper post bag chock full of all the odds and ends (some of them very odd) of strata life.
There are some perennial favourites – strata managers seem to be copping it (probably unfairly for all but a few) – while Airbnb gets a mention, damage from burst pipes is in there, as are abusive tenants and fire safety.
Quirky question of the week would have to be whether Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a good or bad thing. Imagine if the computer that runs your strata accounts also controlled your access keys and decided to lock you out because your levies were late.
Cue Macauley Culkin, the kid from Home Alone’s iconic scream. The AI dilemma is HERE. Okay, we’d better get on with the rest of it.
Elsewhere in the Forum
- Can a plumber cut off a tenant’s water supply due to the landlord’s unpaid bill? That’s HERE.
- What do you do about a neighbour who screams abuse at other residents (even after the police have been around)? That’s HERE.
- How do I find the true figures for Airbnb penetration in regional areas? That’s HERE.
- Developer using unsold apartments for Airbnb despite telling purchases that short-term letting wouldn’t be allowed. That’s HERE.
- Can an ordinary owner take a strata manager to NCAT for failure to perform their duties? That’s HERE. How do we sack our strata manager, is HERE. Can you sue your former strata manager for their damaging failings? That’s HERE.
- Is my ducted aircon covered by strata insurance? That’s HERE.
- Is there a longer time frame for paying special levies? That’s HERE.
How to ask and answer questions
Anyone can read our posts any time but you have to be registered to ask or answer questions. However, there are several easy ways you can search, access, ask questions and reply to others’ queries once you have registered using the green “register and sign in …” box on this page.
The best way may be to click on “Forum: Your Qs & A’s” on the top menu bar on a computer screen or on the drop-down menu (three lines) on the right of the screen on phones and tablets, under the Strata Choice ad. Then click on the topic title that interests you, and off you go.
Alternatively, you can look at the list of “Your latest questions and answers” under the ads on the right of the page on a computer screen. Or at the bottom, after the ads and stories, on a tablet or phone.
Or you can go “old school” and go to the Forum Home Page and work your way through the topics there. Whichever route you take to get there, the best way to keep up to speed with what’s happening is to register (if you haven’t already done so), then login and subscribe for free to the topics that interest you most.
That way you’ll get an alert whenever the discussion moves forward, and you can also chip in with your own comments and questions. Have a look HERE at our instant guide to getting online.